FLSA Status: Exempt
RailComm is a leader in enabling railroads to operate safely and efficiently with software and hardware based automation systems. Our portfolio of solutions include yard automation, computer-aided dispatching, and predictive monitoring and analytics. All of our solutions are cloud enabled using leading edge secure worldwide cloud infrastructure. Headquartered in Fairport, NY, we deliver solutions, services, and support to freight, passenger, industrial and port based railroads throughout the world.
Joining RailComm’s innovative team translates into continual opportunities to expand on what you can do. Our motivated employees come together with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds to create talented teams of problem-solvers. At RailComm, your potential is unlimited! We are looking for exceptional people to complement our team. If you enjoy a challenging, creative environment, like to learn and have the passion and drive to make a difference, RailComm may be the place for you.
RailComm encourages a collaborative, fun, and entrepreneurial environment. We provide our employees with the opportunities to learn new technologies, improve skills, and take responsibility for their work.
Our employees are our best asset and we offer them a range of benefits including
- 100% RailComm sponsored Dental and Vision Plan
- RailComm funds 80% single plan, 70% family plan for Company sponsored Health Insurance
- FSA spending accounts
- Savings Plan-401K up to 4% Company Match
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy, 100% Company funded
- Short term and long term Disability Plans
- Paid vacation
- 10 Company paid Holidays
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, document, and develop new features and functionality for RailComm’s industry leading dispatching, monitoring, and analytic applications.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure robust, reliable, and safe software.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience in C++ or C# (Experience in both is a plus)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of contemporary software design and development technologies and practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with internal and external customers
- Self-starter, hands-on, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience debugging complex client-server applications
- Xamarin mobile application development experience is a plus
- Railroad dispatch software/operations experience is a plus
- Experience developing high-availability, scalable, mission critical, applications
- Experience with cloud-native architectures (Azure experience is a plus)
- Experience with analytics and machine learning is a plus
If you are a passionate, self-driven Software Engineer and eager to move to the next level of your career, apply today!
Qualified candidates: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RailComm is an equal opportunity employer.