Smart monitoring and analytics
Discover and resolve issues before they become a problem.
Improved performance and availability
Remote condition monitoring drastically improves the performance and availability of your assets. This is because it allows you to proactively discover and resolve issues before they escalate.
Benefits of smart monitoring and analytics
Smart monitoring and analytics can bring a wealth of benefits to your cooperation These include:
- Lower maintenance costs
- Fewer unplanned delays
- Greater customer satisfaction.
Centrix Diagnostics Platform
Centralised data hub for remote condition monitoring.
Centrix, our smart monitoring and analytics platform, uses a combination of non-intrusive sensors and cloud-based analytics software. And it’s this unique blend of tools that allows the system to monitor your assets and alert you of any potential failures - long before they occur.
How much does switch maintenance cost your business?
It's a fact that scheduled maintenance cost railroads millions of dollars per year. That’s why we developed our premier analytics solution, Centrix, for mainline switches. Designed to not only keep your trains moving but to drastically improve your bottom line too
Smart decision support
Centrix transforms remote condition monitoring into smart decision support. Because this effective tool’s tailor-made for preventive and corrective condition-based maintenance. From mainline switches to full interlocking equipment, our platform roadmap supports critical assets that are key to keeping your trains moving safely and on time. RailComm is committed to:
- Reducing the time spent on site by maintenance teams, therefore, improving their safety and minimising cost.
- Helping freight and passenger railroads reduce operating costs due to delays incurred by unexpected equipment malfunctions.
- Improving the efficacy of support by enabling condition-based maintenance.
Benefits of Centrix
Centrix improves your day-to-day operations and bottom line in a number of ways:
- Reduced operational costs that result from unplanned train delays
- Improved customer satisfaction by meeting delivery times and arriving on time
- Optimized maintenance and a clear plan of action around support
- Reliability and a sound understanding of the root cause behind switch malfunctions
- Improved safety and peace of mind for your crew
Key features and functionality
This hosted platform provides a centralised space to store, access and process remote condition monitoring and event logging data. With an accessible web browser, this cloud-based tool provides:
- Remote Condition Monitoring
- Condition and Event Logging
- Cloud based
- Near real-time
- Fault prediction
- Graphical replay
- Fully configurable alerts
- Regular software updates
How does it work?
Firstly, Centrix monitors the current draw when a switch is thrown. The resulting current waveform is a fingerprint that indicates the condition of both the switch machine and turnout. This ensures it quickly uncovers any developing problems before they arise. Consequently, insight for mainline switches will decrease delays and maintenance costs and have a positive impact on your bottom line. Must be a complicated solution to set up though, right? It’s isn’t.
Switch remote condition monitoring is easy and takes two simple steps:
- Installing non-intrusive data loggers and current sensors inside your signal bungalows.
- Logging into the Centrix cloud-based application.
That's it, there's no additional software needed. From then on, managing the system becomes more intelligent as it collects switch throw information.
Actionable insights in real-time
Data collected from the switch is transmitted to the RailComm Cloud where it’s combined with weather and other information. Then, it’s automatically analyzed for real-time insights. Any detected problems are assigned a severity level, a descriptive text message and a link to the switch analysis page. This is sent to subscribed users via text messages, emails or voice calls. What’s more, the graphical dashboard view is simultaneously updated to highlight any developing problems.
Beyond Switch Condition Monitoring
With the changing needs of real-world users in mind, Centrix is designed to evolve. However, its core functionality will always includes:
Interlocking and Grade Crossing Graphical Replay
- Web-based replay - see playback from virtually anywhere using your web browser.
- Use a drag-and-drop map designer.
- Gain reliable data from the in-built logic analyzer, confirming sequencing and timing.
- Access a concise listing of all monitored relay events.
- Create bookmarks to quickly navigate back to an incident/fault.
Fault Detection and Alerts
- Find and Fix - get alerted to faults and incidents as soon as they occur.
- Predict and Prevent - spot asset deterioration and fix before failure.
- Keep in control of alert frequency with our powerful e-mail alert notification scheme.
- Add scheduled or repeating maintenance periods to automatically suppress alerts for selected assets.
Electric Switch Machine Trace Replay
- Add replay and analysis across multiple analog data sources into your sites.
- Display and overlay multiple analog input channels on a single graph.
- Mark baseline trace(s) to see degradation from maintenance and/or installation.
Train detection systems
- Remote monitoring of track circuits and axle counters.
- Alarm wizard functionality - create an alarm generation to receive a notification, how you want, in real-time.
- Machine learning driven algortims - idenifying emergence of faults, so you don't have to.